Latest Posts

Resonant Frequency 2.0

Hello everybody, I am currently researching a new project. For lack of a better name right now it is being called Resonant Frequency 2.0. I am looking to my listeners to help me out with project a bit. First I am looking for some fresh intro and outro music for this project. The only criteria…

Read More+

Richard’s Radio Adventures 007 Show Notes

Introduction: Richard has been re-issuing episodes of Resonant Frequency: The Amateur Radio Podcast. Look for Richard’s “Basic Guide to the National Traffic System” to appear on the Resonant Frequency website. Topics: The Great Forney Tornado of 2012. On April 2, 2012, several storms brought 20 tornados to the Dallas, Texas area, from Cleburne to Greenville,…

Read More+

Richard’s Radio Adventures #007: The Great Forney Tornado

This time I rattle on aimlessly about the tornado outbreak here in Texas on April 3 2012
Share and Enjoy:

Resonant Frequency Classic #001: In The Beginning

This episode is a re-issue of the original Resonant Frequency: The Amateur Radio Podcast which began in 2006 as a project for Elmering new Hams by way of the Internet. Richard KB5JBV and Resonant Frequency continue to enlighten and teach new Hams today. Many of the more successful Amateur Radio Podcast today can trace their…

Read More+

Re-issue of the Classic Resonant Frequency: The Amateur Radio Podcast

Hello Kids! after due consideration I have decided to re-issue all of the episodes of Resonant Frequency so that a new group of Amateur Radio Operators can enjoy and learn from them. There will be new episodes of Richards Radio Adventure in the near future and since my time is beginning to free up more…

Read More+

Ratflector in Kaufman County Texas

Hello folks. Its me again. I am looking to work on a couple of projects out here in the radio wasteland known as Kaufman County. If you are wondering Kaufman county is the county just east of Dallas county here in Texas. The first one I would like to tackle is getting a Ratflector (D-Star…

Read More+

LHS Episode #087: King Jeremy the Wicked

Hello, listeners! Welcome to the 87th installment of Linux in the Ham Shack. The past couple of episodes have been full of interviews, logic, and information. In short, we’ve totally jumped off our normal bandwagon. In order to fix that, we’ve put together an episode that contains a lot of banter, insight, musing, laughing, music […]

LHS Episode #086: W9YA on YFKTest

A lot of interest has been focused on contest logging of late. We’ve had several comments and questions on the topic. With the recent passage of Field Day and Hamvention, many hams wanted to know what options there were for Linux. As it happens, YFKTest has been on our radar for some time. In order […]

LHS Episode #085: David Rowe on Codec2

Please join us for a special episode of Linux in the Ham Shack. In Episode #085, the hosts interview a vibrant and brilliant engineer from Adelaide, South Australia, named David Rowe. He is the mastermind behind the codec2 open voice codec among several other worthy and equally brilliant open source projects. He dabbles in VoIP, […]

LHS Episode #084: GNU Radio

The 84th installment of your most favoritest podcast is now in the wild. As you may have noticed, we make a lot of assumptions about our listeners on this show; for example: You all love us. We have a good show in store for you today, including antennas made from electric fencing, a question about […]